We’re delighted to have selected five people from the North of England to take part in a new Promoter Training Programme in a partnership between Beverley Fringe Festival, So It Is and English Folk Expo. Participants will learn everything from negotiating artist fees, hiring a venue, marketing and promotion and how to even make money from putting on concerts. They will programme concerts in Rochdale and Beverley in 2020 before hopefully continuing to promote live music locally.
We welcomed Kate, Ian, Elinor, Stacy and Hamish to English Folk Expo 2019.
Participants will attend a number of events. All costs, including travel and accommodation will be covered by the course. At the end of the programme, participants will have the skills, knowledge and contacts to promote their own independent concerts.
The programme covers:
– Attending English Folk Expo 17-20th October 2019 in Manchester
– A full day of training and learning from the leading experts in the industry in January 2020
– Organising a concert at both Beverley Fringe Festival and Rochdale Folk Festival between 18th-21st June 2020
– Ongoing mentoring and guidance for your next two concerts, helping you with contacts, budgets and promotion.
– Discounted access to a future music industry event
– Access to a digital network of music industry contacts and training resources.
This programme is kindly supported by the Arts Council England Grassroots Live Music Fund